Sometimes it’s good to play in the rain.
Life lessons I learned while hiking a mile up a mountain today to see one of the most beautiful landmarks in colorado.
1. I’m out of shape. My thighs and butt were not prepared for the journey….sometimes I’m totally out of shape in life….but I choose to climb anyway.
2. I had no clue how far the hike was. I just knew there was something beautiful at the end…..sometimes I have no idea what the outcome is in life, but I climb anyway.
3. Halfway up….my thighs were wanting to turn around. Sometimes in life….we want to quit early when it gets uncomfortable….don’t quit.
4. There was a older lady who was obviously more experienced. She had done this before, lots. I just followed her. She knew what she was doing. Hmmm….sometimes we need those people. Life gets hard & we don’t know which “path” to take. We need someone who we can follow that’s done this before….(I snuck a pic of her shoes)
5. If you focus on how hard the climb is and keep looking down….you miss the beauty around you…..sometimes I can focus so much on what I want to change that I don’t recognize the beauty right in front of my face.
6. If you push through the burning thighs, the heart beating out of your chest…in a little while, you get this surge of energy and a new confidence to keep going…..don’t quit too early…no hardship last forever.
7. If you surround yourself with people you love and who know how to make falling down and burning thighs funny, the trip gets way better.
8. What a huge encouragement when someone who has made it to the top and is coming back down….says, “you are almost there!”……makes you feel SO much better…..we need those people in our life….keep going! It’s worth it!
9. Getting to the top. So worth it. I would do it again…even if it was hard.
10. Climbing isn’t always the perfect weather….sunny, easy, happy….sometimes it’s raining & real beauty is when you can appreciate what the rain has to offer.
Hanging Lake Colorado….a mile high in the sky. The journey is SO worth it❤️